54/365: Wilson's Long-lost Cousin, BB


Wilson's Long-lost Cousin, originally uploaded by PartsnPieces.

After I visited my mother in the hospital, I went in search of who she was . . . hoping to find a part of myself. I went to her childhood neighborhood and took a lot of photographs of dwellings, or the shells of dwellings, as I don't know exactly where she lived. I also took pictures of found objects, like this long-forgotten basketball. I'm remembering the ring I found a few days ago, the symbol of the found. There were things of value in this space, but one had to search for them because of the neglect and the urban decay. I wondered about the basketball, who owned it and what kinds of dreams this person thought the basketball would bring. I also wondered: how did I get where I am from where she was. For more images, see the pics on Flickr.

@ 9:25 PM

4 comments:

Overread said... February 23, 2007 at 11:32 PM

wonderful colors (and backstory)

Ianqui said... February 24, 2007 at 6:55 AM

It really does look very well loved.

Unknown said... February 24, 2007 at 8:37 AM

I love this photograph. One of my favorites of yours. The color contrast is really good. I'm going to look at your others now.

Scrivener said... February 24, 2007 at 10:49 AM

I love this shot, and the post that accompanies it. What a journey of self-(re)discovery you're on right now. {{{Billie}}}

Post a Comment