Project 365, 2007: February Retrospective

In looking at this month's images, I'm surprised by the diversity of images I see. The symbols (or metaphors) of comfort, they surprise me too. I wasn't consciously thinking about comfort or even the need for comfort, but comfort is something I need and this need is something that I will not forget about February 2007. I took more photos of people than I expected, and the colors red/orange predominate in a good number of the images this month. Above alll, what I see in this retrospective is my desire to focus on one object instead of many at one moment. This reflects my life, I think.

I wonder how much of my waking life seeps into the photos I take. I take pictures of things I find interesting at any given moment, but I wonder if what I'm finding interesting is reflective of how I'm feeling, of what I'm experiencing. I believe there is a strong connection. There must be.

Lastly, this is only the 2nd retrospective of a year-long project, but I'm already becoming attached to the work and attached to each of you (you other Project 365ers). You challenge me to take better photographs, to see the world differently, to see myself differently. I'm appreciating that more and more each day. But what I like most . . . and I don't know that this will change through the year . . . is that I now am allowed to see the world as YOU see the world. Your perspective is often very different than mine, and from your vantage point, from your perspective, I'm learning so very much.

@ 5:37 PM

4 comments:

Ianqui said... February 28, 2007 at 7:12 PM

OH MY GOODNESS. I can't believe today is already the end of February. I'm not ready.

But as before, your retrospective is very cool!

Unknown said... March 1, 2007 at 7:53 PM

I really had the same sense - that I get to see the world through all these different eyes and it's so stimulating and moving. Thanks for your retrospective thoughts and pix. Wonderful.

Overread said... March 1, 2007 at 11:17 PM

I agree so much about seeing other people's 365 shots. I'm really excited to see what all of you guys shoot next. Particularly around, say... October or so when all of the reliable shots within easy reach are exhausted :)

Scrivener said... March 2, 2007 at 6:55 AM

Yes, I've felt that same sense of how exciting and challenging it is to see the world through all y'all's eyes. And I've felt thankful that you're sharing those parts of yourself with us.

Post a Comment