October Retrospective


October Retrospective, originally uploaded by PartsnPieces.

It's been an interesting (but difficult) month for Project 365. About mid-month, I found some inspiration . . . I can't tell you where or how, but it was there. Some of the images from mid-month on were rather interesting (I think). Others, well, maybe not so much. In looking at all 31 images in the mosaic, I'm struck by how dark so many of the images are, dark tones, dark colors. There are occasional patches of color, but mostly dark. I went a little macro happy this month . . . and I really enjoyed playing in the water. Another Project 365er mentioned that the "shower" series was interesting . . . Yea, but what's more interesting is why I chose to do those. (A story for another post, another time.) With the dissertation looming over me, it's becoming a little more difficult to think about my life in a new way now, to see it differently, see it creatively. But I will continue on, striving to finish this year. I really do understand that in the struggle to finish this project, if I sincerely keep with it, something good will emerge -- photography is like writing in that way. But the good has been happening for the last 10 months. It's been very good. I have no doubt the good will continue for two more months.

Cross-posted at Parts-n-Pieces.

@ 9:51 PM

3 comments:

jayfish said... November 1, 2007 at 12:29 AM

yay for inspiration!

Andromeda Jazmon said... November 1, 2007 at 2:41 PM

I love the macro work. I am looking forward to following you for the next two months.

Anonymous said... March 17, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Aha! I love this.... Fashion is what I live for! The fashion industry is soo full of life and talent that it is a never ending fairy tale for us designers. Life literally is taken in a different course, a way of life to be lived with a smile because everything is beautiful, and if it isn't we're here to make sure it is :) There is no doubt that there is competition, but I think that the competition is great for the public, it keeps the beat alive on who has the hottest thing. But it's funny at the same time because because there is always a rise in this industry on the 'hottest' items. But, it's why we design! To always stay up to beat with our public's fashion! We must say that we enjoy it though :)

Post a Comment