50/365: Lost then Found Ring


Lost then Found Ring, originally uploaded by PartsnPieces.

This morning I found this man's ring next to the dumpster. Perhaps it was lost. Perhaps it was thrown away. Perhaps it accidentally slipped off a finger. I don't know how it ended up where it was. However, I picked it up and wore it all day and thought about how to return it to its rightful owner. I don't know who owned it, what kind of connection he had with its giver, whether that connection is still intact or severed, whether it brought good memories or sad, whether the ring has any value (monetary or sentimental). But I wore it and thought about connections in my own life, about senimental value, about severed or intact relationships, about the lost then found. I wonder about the lost people of this world . . . lost from family, friends, faith. If nothing else, this ring is a symbol of the found.

@ 7:30 PM

3 comments:

Ianqui said... February 19, 2007 at 8:23 PM

I like the way the photo almost blends into the white of the web page. Like the ring is just jumping out at you.

jo(e) said... February 20, 2007 at 7:19 AM

I like the musings that went along with the photo.

Overread said... February 20, 2007 at 9:34 PM

I'm with jo(e). The photo is very good, but it's much better with the text

Post a Comment