152/365: The Ones I Didn't Buy


The Ones I Didn't Buy, originally uploaded by PartsnPieces.

Several years (and some pounds) ago, I wore shoes like these. I wore lots of very high heeled shoes in lots of colors and styles. Shoes like these are called "stripper shoes" around these parts (from certain close-minded people) because of the heel height and because of those animal spots (women are like wild animals, you know?). I called them cute. But I wore shoes like these, and I wasn't a stripper. I was a secretary back in the day-- before secretaries were called administrative assistants. I thought about buying more cute shoes like these today (a little lower heeled, as the higher heel is no longer comfortable), but I didn't. The store manager kicked me out of the store for taking photographs of shoes. He must have thought I was an aging secretary . . . or that I was stripper . . . or that I had a shoe fetish or something. I don't know. I do know, however, that I didn't buy any new shoes today, and that I'll be avoiding DSW for a good long while.

@ 9:06 PM

2 comments:

jayfish said... June 2, 2007 at 12:22 AM

if the manager wasn't such an ass, you should have bought these!

Scrivener said... June 2, 2007 at 9:13 AM

I hate it when retail people act like that. I still refuse to even set foot into a Wicks n' Sticks (not a big sacrifice, I know) because a store manager yelled at me and told me to get out of his store when I went in to ask him for change for a dollar when I was about 9.

Post a Comment